Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Looking Above

The hardest thing, in my opinion, about being a Christian is living by faith. I think Billy Graham described faith best by saying, “Faith is like the wind. We can’t see the wind, but we can see the affects of it.” What Reverend Graham describes is what all Christians feel. We know Christ lives within us, yet we can’t see Him. However, we can feel Him working within us just as easily as we can feel the gentle brush of the wind upon our skin. The Bible tells us that God reveals Himself through creation. My challenge for you today is to find God in the things around you. If we can see God around us then our faith will be strengthened. Thus we find, living by faith may not be as hard as we first thought.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy this is a great idea! It's a great way to start each day, with some inspiring words;. Good job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several times I will go outside and just look at God's creation. I shared this on my Facebook one day but I will again here. Kassidey (my daughter) has severe Epilepsy and there are days I think she may die when she has seizures back to back. While laying on the float in our pool I looked up and saw the smallest bird in a tree. It was God reminding of Matthew 6:26-27: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

    ReplyDelete