Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Family Matters

Remember the old cliché, “You don’t miss a good thing until it’s gone.” I have experienced that this week. My wife has been out of town since Sunday, which left me at home with three boys ranging in age from 8 to 6 months. Hence, I have learned to appreciate and miss the help my wife provides around the house. It is apparent to see why God, in His infinite wisdom, purposed for a man and women to remain together until death. The past few days have taught me to appreciate the value of teamwork. I have a newfound respect for single moms and dads. In some small way, I have a tiny understanding of what single parents go through on a daily basis and how much they must rely on their family for help. Marriage centers on teamwork, which tends to be a constant theme throughout Paul’s writings. Remember how Paul talks about unity and how the body of Christ is to work together just as the physical body does. This is Paul’s way of saying that we need to work together for the common goal of seeing the lost saved and witnessing the saved become like Christ by having love for one another and not malice.

I challenge us all this week to appreciate the small things in life and tell those around you how much you really appreciate them and what they do to make life a little easier. In turn, as Christians, let’s try to get along realizing the goal before us and not making the mistake of thinking anything Christ centered has anything to do with us. In fact it is not about us, but all about Him.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you...I love and appreciate you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good Daddy...and you have such a good wife...and when I was a single parent I was thankful I had such a good son! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe all of us wives need to go on vacation so all the husbands can have an experience like Jeremy. Girls road trip anyone????

    ReplyDelete